This is a fantastic opportunity for a Data Engineer to become the Senior Data Engineer for a Leading Global Commodities company and to gain a great amount of International Exposure.
Based in Cape Town this position is offering up to R900K per annum.
This Global Commodities Company is headquartered in the UK and operates in most countries from Asia to the United States. They are leaders in their field and have a 25-year track record supplying to the Medical, Transport, Retail and Travel industries.
As the Data Engineer you will be working with large and complex data sets and will need to drive automation through effective metadata management as well as build, manage, and optimize data for integrated usage across the organization.
You will be required to have strong ETL skills and a strong ability to manage large and complex datasets and need to be able to assist with the renovating of the Data Management infrastructure to drive this automation in data integration and management.
This position is for someone who is passionate about data and is excited about the refinement of the data management infrastructure.
- At least 5 years’ experience
- (Ideally) Degree in Computer Science, IT or Similar field – or advanced level industry experience
- Strong ability to design, build and manage data pipelines
- Strong ETL skills
- Strong SQL or PL/SQL skills
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and proven report and query writing ability