Excellent opportunity for a HIGHLY ANALYTICAL Data Engineer to architect data pipelines, automate processes, optimise data delivery and drive data insights for innovative online entertainment business. You will have the opportunity to further your passion for Big Data, Data Solutions, Data Warehousing, BI, Analytics and Data Science.
As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, creating and maintaining data pipelines using the latest Cloud Platforms and delivering brilliant data solutions which will have a direct effect on productivity within the business.
If you strive to work with some of the BRIGHTEST DATA MINDS, are passionate about delivering OPTIMAL ANALYTICS and creating data tools for Analysts and Data Scientists and enjoy automating processes, optimizing data delivery and redesigning infrastructure for greater data availability, this may be the ideal role for you!
This Data Engineer is Cape Town (remote) based and is paying R950k/annum
• Architect data solutions and develop robust data pipelines and then make this information available to data and analytics consumers.
• Take the lead on all consulting, discovery, analysis, architecture, design, documentation, building, migration, automation and production-readiness activities
• Automate data processes using innovative tools, techniques and architectures
• Produce high-quality technical design, build and procedure documentation
• Maintain platforms (AWS, Azure, Snowflake)
• Produce automation and tooling solutions which includes scripting and automation of production deployments and tools
• Develop effective data management practices to promote a better understanding of data and analytics across the business.
• Degree in Comp Sci, IT (Stats or Maths)
• Min 3 years Data Engineering experience
• Cloud IaaS development experience – AWS, Azure
• C, C++, Python, scripting and orchestration tools and products
• Relational SQL and NoSQL databases including SQL Server, Couchbase, Postgres, Redis and MongoDB
• Big Data Tools: Apache, ELK Stack
• Datawarehouse and Storage solutions: Blob, Data Lakes (Data Bricks, Snowflake advantageous)