Excellent opportunity for a HIGHLY ANALYTICAL BI/ DWH DEVELOPER to become a Data Engineer, Gain Azure Cloud experience and further your passion for Data Solutions, Data Warehousing, BI, Analytics and Data Science.
As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, creating and optimizing data pipelines and moving this data into production so that the analysts and data scientists can optimize productivity across the business.
This Data Engineer role is Cape Town based (50% WFH/Office) - paying R900k/annum
You will join a globally distributed data team and will be responsible for:
• Architecting data solutions and developing robust data pipelines and then making this information available to data and analytics consumers.
• Use innovative tools, techniques and architectures to automate data processes
• Drive data and analytics capabilities within the business and become the Data Specialist and Subject Matter Expert
• Assess and improve existing data warehouse ETL designs.
• Provide a solutions design capability within the BI Team.
• Data cleansing, transformation and preparation.
• Establish Data Quality principles.
• Develop effective data management practices to promote a better understanding of data and analytics across the business.
• Degree in Comp Sci, IT (Stats or Maths)
• Min 5 years Data Management Experience – Data Warehousing, Data Lakes, Data Hubs
• Experience with Data Integration, Governance and Metadata Management
• Retail or Financial Services Experience
• Experience working with Large, heterogenous datasets
• Ability to Design, Build and Manage Data Pipelines
• Strong SQL, PL/SQL experience
• Spark Ecosystems (ie. Databricks)
• ETL Architecture
• Reporting tools - SSRS, PowerBI or Cognos experience