This is an excellent, most technically significant, opportunity for a SENIOR SCALA DEVELOPER to join a Senior Software Engineering team within a leading hybrid-product-services Tech Strategy and Engineering Firm.
This elite TECH STRATEGY & SOFTWARE FIRM are headquartered in San Francisco with their Development Team based in South Africa. They engineer Products, Solutions and Services for literally the world’s leading TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA and ENTERTAINMENT Companies, including one of the BIG 4 TECH GIANTS and the largest global MUSIC STREAMING Service. That’s not all – they’ve created all of the iTunes Top-10 Consumer Apps, the Shazam app, and solutions for the biggest sports leagues, globally!
If you’re a SCALA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER who believes in pure, typeful, functional programming then this calibre of opportunity will not come around again!!
This SCALA SOFTWARE ENGINEER role is based in SOUTH AFRICA (100% REMOTE WORKING) and offers a salary of R1.2 Million – R1.4 Million p/a.
THE COMPANY are world-leaders in both OO and FUNCTIONAL PROGRAMMING theory, the understanding of reactive and functional design patterns and approaches, and software architectures which are conducive to Functional Programming. Achieved through a Software Engineering culture of knowledge sharing.
In THE ROLE you will work with the best Silicon Valley Engineers to:
Create custom microservices,
Develop, deploy & operate, sophisticated large-scale SaaS solutions,
Develop feature-rich, cross-platform apps and product frameworks,
Model & design systems architecture.
- 4+ years of Scala experience.
- Strong understanding of data structures.
- In-depth understanding of reactive and functional design patterns and approaches.
- Strong knowledge in Cats and/or Scalaz.
- Familiarity with Scala coding standards and best practices.
- Experience with RDBMS - PostgresSQL and MySQL in particular.
Will be a plus (but not essential) if you have:
- Previous experience with some of the following: core Akka technologies (i.e. Akka streams, Akka-http), Monix, Http4s, Slick, Circe, Scala Test, SBT, etc
- Working in AWS environments.
- Queue-based architectures (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.).
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with NoSQL e.g Cassandra or MongoDB.
- Knowledge of JVM internals.
- Knowledge of Unix-based operating systems.
- Experience in ELM, Haskel, Elixir, Erlang, etc.
- Big Data (Spark).