This is an excellent opportunity for a SENIOR DATA WAREHOUSING BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT LEAD – to join a Premier INTERNATIONAL RETAILER in a Technical STRATEGY POSITION.
In this LEAD ROLE you will be able to showcase your DATA ENGINEERING and LEADERSHIP skills, whilst gaining RETAIL SECTOR expertise, DATA WAREHOUSE ARCHITECTURE, SOLUTIONS and DEVELOPMENT LEAD experience.
Based in CAPE TOWN, this BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPMENT LEAD role offers a highly competitive salary in line with your skills and experience.
This is an established and one of the strongest RETAILERS, where a data driven approach informs business decisions. Their backend BI and DWH Team of 18 people have influenced Data Solution Development to an exceptionally high standard. In this role you will manage a team of 4 Data Warehousing Development specialists, in a Technical Leadership position. The role encompasses hands-on design and development, management, and strategy.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
This is a TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP opportunity where you will be able to showcase your DATA ENGINEERING skills, gain SOLUTIONS and DATA ARCHITECTURE EXPERIENCE, and work with one of the largest Data Assets in the Retail sector.
If you have a passion for DATA SOLUTIONS and you believe in the value of a data driven approach, then this is the role and company for you.
- Provide leadership for Data Warehousing and Engineering professionals within the Business Intelligence Team.
- Architect new data solutions using proven industry methods.
- Work with IT and Business leaders to develop robust data pipelines.
- Assess and improve existing data warehouse ETL designs.
- Continuous Improvement (CI).
- Establish, maintain and enforce Data Warehousing standards and principals in collaboration with Line Managers and Team members.
- Provide a solutions design capability within the BI Team.
- Gain an intimate understanding of the Retail business domain.
- Analyse and assess source data in various formats.
- Data cleansing, transformation and preparation.
- Establish Data Quality principles.
- Automate proactive methods to enforce service delivery during batch and real-time schedules.
- PL/SQL coding.
- Batch design and support.
- Understanding and creation of complex ETL packages.
- Participate in design, peer and code reviews.
- Daily technical, functional and operation support for existing Business Intelligence solutions.
- Provide project management for the BI component of larger company initiatives and projects.
- BSc or B Com in Information Systems or IT/IS diploma (Highly Advantageous) or substantial experience in Data Warehouse Development.
- Minimum 8 years Enterprise Data Warehouse Architecture, Solutions and Development.
- Solid leadership experience in an agile environment.
- Managing and mentoring direct reports.
- Agile experience working in SCRUM
- Proven Report and Query writing ability.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts.
- Enterprise Data Warehousing.
- Complex ETL.
- Data Engineering.
- PL/SQL or T-SQL scripting.
- Solution Architecture.
- Leading people and solutions.