Excellent opportunity for an INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER to become the IT OPERATIONS MANAGER for a GLOBAL AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS and head up the IT operations for various Sub Saharan sites. You will play a major role in the business, assisting with IT strategy development and will be responsible for managing the IT infrastructure, operations & security across these sites.
This IT Operations Manager role is Cape Town (Cape Winelands) based and is paying R700k/annum
As IT Operations Manager, you will be responsible for looking after the IT infrastructure, contributing to IT strategy development and be the top line of escalation within the business. You will need to provide support (Networks, Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, VMWare and Citrix) and solve technical and application problems. You will also need to manage the IT Ops assets and contracts and work closely with the architecture and operations teams to ensure solutions align with company standards.
With operations in over 35 countries, this global agricultural business provides food to the world in a responsible way. They supply vital agricultural products through a globally integrated supply chain system to ensure the sustainable use of products.
• Relevant education/courses – MCSE, ITIL, VMWare/Hyper-V, Azure
• 8+ years experience in a similar IT Operations/Leadership position
• Strong Microsoft Operating Systems & Network Technology experience
• Administration of Active Directory, Exchange
• Windows Server 2008/2012 knowledge
• Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (GDPR & POPIA)
• Experience with CCTV solutions
• Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning experience
**Travel between sites may be necessary but this will be on a rare occasion**