Senior ORACLE DBA - (Oracle OCA/OCP) – join SA’s leading RETAILER in a Senior Technical & Client-facing DBA role – CAPE TOWN
Are you a SENIOR ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, ready to work in the fastest-paced Retail consumer-market sector?
Are you passionate about Oracle Technologies, with strong Oracle DBA skills?
Would you enjoy a Technically hands-on and Business-facing role?
Do you have the experience to advise a leading Retailer on the future of Oracle Database technologies and how they can advantage their business?
If this sounds like you, then keep reading…
This is an excellent opportunity for a SENIOR ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR to join one of the longest-established and highly data-driven International Retailers.
This company’s approach to market and their strategy is entirely informed through data and the administration of that data.
They are a multi-terabyte data environment with a hugely impressive Oracle Technology Stack.
As you can appreciate - within Retail, data is everything and the numerous consumer and business data streams therefore provide great challenges for their team of Database Administrators.
This ORACLE DBA role is based in CAPE TOWN and offers a market-related salary.
One of the longest-established and most successful South African and International Retail Businesses. This is a top-tier Retailer and a highly data-driven business. Fantastic culture, great environment and a business which actively encourages career progression in a supportive and caring environment.
As SENIOR ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (DBA): you will bring your passion for Oracle Technologies extending to everything Oracle related.
You must be comfortable working within a team and with business users, confirming requirements and eventually implementing these solutions in production.
Very strong technical skills are essential, along with excellent troubleshooting and analytic skills.
Responsibilities in the role include:
- Installations, upgrades and configuration of various Oracle related products.
- System performance and availability.
- SQL Performance Tuning.
- Backup and Recovery.
- Patching and maintenance.
- Database security.
- Adherence to change control and governance.
- Contribute to developer forums.
- Capacity management.
- Research and advise business and technical teams on the latest Oracle Technologies and the benefits of adopting them in the business.
- BSc/BComm in Information Systems or IS Tech diploma (Essential)
- Oracle OCA/OCP
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE: -
- At least 5 years of experience as a Database Administrator.
- Capacity planning, Performance Tuning, Backup and Recovery.
- Oracle DBA experience within a large business.
- Oracle DB (11g, 12c)
- Database security
- Oracle Application Server
- Weblogic (11g, 12c)
- Performance Tuning
- Shell Scripting
- OEM Cloud Control 12c/13c
What you’ll gain: The role provides an opportunity to learn/improve your skills with – RMS; Oracle EBS (Finance & HR); Oracle OBIEE; Replication (Golden Gate & Data Guard); PL/SQL; OID/OAM.