Excellent opportunity for a BI Reports Developer to become a MI REPORT ANALYST and provide insights for this NEW TRULY DIGITAL investment platform business. You will be the primary link between stakeholders and data development teams and will be responsible for developing quality dashboards, implementing best data practices and ensuring the effective use of data across this new business. You will play a major role in assisting with the launch of this platform and finalizing the migration from their old platform to the new LISP platform.
This MI Report Analyst role is based in Cape Town and is paying R800k/annum
This Truly Digital Investment Platform Business has been set up by an award-winning Wealth Manager in South Africa. This Investment business is backed by global technologies and modern processes and offers industry first investment solutions. This platform aims to introduce offshore and onshore investment solutions which will transform the Advisory & Investment markets in South Africa.
As the MI Report Analyst, you will be responsible for analysing clients’ needs and producing specifications – cover all aspects of the solution including defining data requirements, rules and logic to apply to data, best way to store data and turning data into the information that clients need. You will take ownership of data within the business and will be responsible for ensuring that business objectives are translated into quality dashboards. Design and deliver reporting solutions which will enable the effective use of data across the organisation and provide input into impact analysis of each solution. You will also need to provide data quality metrics for data governance trend analysis and quality check all new and existing data sets, to guide problem resolutions and cleansing exercises.
• Relevant Commerce degree - IT, Finance, Economics, Investment Management etc
• 3 + years data or systems analysis experience within a BI environment
• Strong SQL Development Skills
• 5+ years experience in a Financial Advisory, Investment Management or Investment Platform business – Deep understanding of investment & life products
• Solid understanding of database design principles
• Experience with reporting and business intelligence software such as Qlik Sense, PowerBI
• Knowledge of data warehousing concepts and proven report and query writing ability
• Exposure to Agile and DevOps practices