Excellent opportunity for a 1st Line System Engineer to gain Virtualization & Cloud experience providing world class remote technical IT support to a range of globally distributed clients. In this position you will be responsible for supporting the European client base for a UK based Managed Service provider and therefore you will need to be comfortable working shifts (8am – 5pm or 10am – 7pm). You will need to be fluent in German.
This 1st Line Systems Engineer role is Cape Town, CBD based (the company is currently working from home) and is paying R300k/annum + “On-call” allowance + R600 connectivity subsidy for the current work from home setup.
This UK based Managed Service provider, delivers world class support to globally dispersed business across 4 continents and over 130 countries. They are focused on providing cloud and localized infrastructure solutions for every technology need which has helped their clients business to continue to grow and thrive.
As a 1st Line System Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
• Logging and progressing services desk support tickets (incidents, service requests & changes)
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software related incidents based on Microsoft systems
• Resolve incidents within agreed first-time-fix parameters and escalate incidents where necessary
• Take ownership of incidents and manage through to resolution
• Ensure minimum disruption of the customers infrastructure by attending to monitoring alerts
• Action customer enquiries effectively as per SLA’s and continue to meet client expectations by providing a crisp service.
• Produce information reports when required.
• Native German & Fluent in English.
• Relevant IT diploma/degree
• 1 year experience working as a 1st /2nd Line Support Engineer
• 1 year experience supporting Microsoft Systems; Desktop, Server, Office, etc.
• 1 year exposure to basic TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, SSL VPN troubleshooting.
• Exposure to HP & Dell hardware technologies.
• Strong customer relationship skills
• ITIL Foundation certification is a plus
What you will get exposure to:
• Exchange/365, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Virtual environments (VMware/Hyper-V)
• Backup & disaster recovery technologies (Veeam, Zerto, Backup Exec, Datto, etc.)
• Citrix (XenApp/XenDesktop).
• Cloud and IaaS platforms.