GAME DESIGNER – gain experience within the mobile gaming industry where you’ll be part of a company that offers you equity ownership within their business – FULLY REMOTE ROLE
This is an excellent opportunity for a JUNIOR GAME DESIGNER to join one of the most successful MOBILE GAME PUBLISHING COMPANIES IN AFRICA– and to GAIN EXPERTISE in the MOBILE GAMING INDUSTRY to build awesome, industry changing products everyday.
This is a FULLY REMOTE ROLE to be based anywhere GLOBALLY for a JUNIOR GAME DESIGNER role offering a competitive salary, flexible working hours and equity ownership.
This emerging Mobile Games Publisher in Africa was founded in 2018 bringing global titles to Africa and Africa to the world. They have over 1 million downloads and regularly sit at the top of the Google Play store in Nigeria and Kenya which is where they launched their business. This company has recently received $4m in funding and shall use that to catalyze gaming in Africa.
- Design engaging features and systems on exciting and diverse new titles
- Drive and iterate designs from the initial ideation to final polish working closely with the team
- Conceptualize and develop characters, rules, settings and stories for new games
- Follow industry trends and implement best practices
- Juggle multiple responsibilities, collaborate and excel in small team environment
- Bachelor's degree in game design, computer science or computer engineering.
- Worked on at least 2 different free-to-play games (not hyper-casual)
- Have a preference for focusing on IAP-driven games
- Experience designing systems to engage and retain users
- A strong understanding of game KPIs and how to improve them
- An avid follower of the latest trends in free-to-play gaming
- Experience working with 3rd party developers is a plus
- Portfolio of sample projects