MID LEVEL PHP DEVELOPER – be part of a company who has an award-winning, intuitive platform to help do your taxes, backed by a team of Chartered Accountants and Expert Tax Practitioners – CAPE TOWN
This is an excellent opportunity for a MID LEVEL PHP DEVELOPER to join a well established financial services company who are passionate about making sure that doing your taxes is as easy as having a conversation.
This is a CAPE TOWN BASED ROLE for a MID LEVEL PHP DEVELOPER offering a market related salary.
The company was established in 2011 with seed funding from Google and since then has helped over 1.7 million South Africans make tax easy. The platform is directly integrated with the South African Revenue Service (SARS) for one-click electronic submission of tax returns, which makes it all very simple to submit all you need in just one place. They currently have partnerships with Momentum, Sanlam, Old Mutual and PwC, and have expanded into Namibia and Nigeria as well.
- You will work very closely with the CTO along with the Dev team to maintain, expand and bug-fix internal and client-facing functionality
- Write clean, efficient and reusable code, utilizing best practices such as SOLID, DRY and KISS
- Assist with refactoring legacy code into a new Symfony / Vuejs based system
- Create and consume APIs (both REST and SOAP)
- Moving Puppeteer crawlers into AWS Lambda and SQS
- Migrating the PHP codebase into a RESTful Symfony API
- Migrating the front-end into a Vuejs SPA
- Integrating their offerings with one of SA's leading banks
- Integrating their Small Business product with eFiling and Xero
- Strong knowledge of PHP (3+ years practical OOP experience)
- Strong knowledge of MySQL (3+ years practical experience)
- PHP MVC framework experience (2+ years practical experience using Symfony, or Laravel)
- Competent with source control (2+ years practical experience using Git)
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment (preferably Ubuntu)