Chief Risk Officer – TRANSFORM current Risk and Governance landscape for specialist Insurance Organization.
Based in Johannesburg, Salary is highly neg with a long-list of benefits.
A specialist , leading Insurance Organization is looking for a Chief Risk Officer to guide the business in providing exceptional Risk, Legal, Governance and Compliance services that will support and promote the overall Business Strategy. Part of this, will be leading any sort of STRATEGIC TRANSFORMATION initiatives that you will decide upon based on your professional skills and expertise.
This role is based in Johannesburg and the salary on offer is highly negotiable with extensive benefits.
- Partner with all senior executives across the business to provide the highest level of governance, risk, legal and compliance services.
- Be at the forefront of all legislation and best practice within the governance, risk and compliance space and understand how it will influence the business strategy and culture both in South Africa as well as Internationally.
- Formulate and implement overall risk strategy and appetite including relevant measurements, monitoring, and reporting tools.
- Direct and oversee the implementation of the risk and compliance framework and solutions across business.
- Manage the ongoing assessment of the efficiency of risk management framework, risk appetite, strategy, and controls.
- Management reporting of the risk profile of the business and outcome of ORSA including all details of material risk exposures facing the business.
- Develop governance, risk, legal and compliance governance structures within the business to facilitate the accurate flow of information.
- Provide management with advice on the governance, risk , legal and compliance implications of the business activities and provide consulting advice to asses , prioritize and mitigate potential risks.
- Implement and manage financial risk methodologies, techniques and systems used to report on financial activities.
Skills & Experience needed:
- Registered with Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA) or CISA OR ICSA
- Admitted Attorney or Advocate in South Africa would be preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Legal or Governance within an Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Solid Business Management or Risk, Compliance, Legal or Governance experience at a senior level
- Strong knowledge of the Financial Services, especially Insurance industry and Regulatory requirements
- Understanding of Solvency II or Solvency Assessment and Management ( SAM)