Head of Infrastructure – drive through CLOUD MODERNIZATION TRANSFORMATION initiatives for massive Financial Services Group.
Johannesburg/ Pretoria – Salary on offer is highly negotiable with an extensive benefits package.
Exceptional Opportunity for a HEAD OF INFRASTRUCTURE to drive through a number of CLOUD MODERNIZATION TRANSFORMATION initiatives and lead the ENTIRE INFRASTRUCTURE and OPERATIONS department for this Multinational Financial Services Group.
This is a very senior role and you will be responsible for the entire Infrastructure portfolio which includes Budget and Financial Management, Team Leadership and Development, Service and Project Delivery, Strategic Roadmap development as well as the overall Infrastructure Architecture.
This role is based in Johannesburg/ Pretoria and salary on offer is highly negotiable.
- Managing and leading the entire Infrastructure portfolio, including all aspects such as - Operations, Financial management, Project Delivery and more
- Management of all systems – including traditional, distributed infrastructure, backups & datacenters and storage.
- Design and implement the strategic road map for the department, including all modernization plans.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to ensure client service and project delivery.
- Lead the implementation of all Infrastructure related projects
- Manage risk and security for the department which will include cyber security, governance, risk and audit requirements and more.
- Manage Asset lifecycle of platforms
Skills & Experience required:
- Degree/ Diploma in IT, Computer Sciences will be preferred.
- 8+ Years’ experience in a Infrastructure Management role with knowledge of Technology Services, IT and Business Process, current IT Trends and Operations.
- Experience working with multiple technologies in an Enterprise environment such as Microsoft, IBM, HPE, Pure Storage, VMWare etc
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure best practice including Governance, best Practice frameworks, SOP, Service management and Business Continuity
- Solid Vendor Management & Relationship experience
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams across multiple server environments
- Knowledge of/ Interest in current IT trends including Cloud, DevOps, Azure, AWS etc