Excellent opportunity for a driven Fund Accountant/Reconciliation Specialist to take responsibility of the entire investment reconciliation process (Cash & Asset Portfolios) for this newly established LISP platform. You will play a major role in delivering this innovative, highly competitive solution which is based on customer centricity. This position will give you the opportunity to further your investment system knowledge and to create new processes to simplify the reconciliation process.
You will need to have a strong understanding of the Investment environment & solid accounting (debit & credit) knowledge.
This Investment Specialist position is Cape Town (Southern Suburbs) based and is paying a competitive salary.
Together with a skilled Investment Admin team you will be responsible for the following:
• Process investment administration reconciliations – including cash and asset portfolios
• Perform analytical investigations of transactions
• Manage the reconciliation process within an agreed time
• Investigate and correct any discrepancies
• Log defects on the system
• Prepare reconciliation reports for month end review
• Build Stakeholder & Manco relationships
• Build controls which will mitigate financial or reputational risk
• Support the wider Investment Admin team
This Truly Digital Investment Platform Business has been set up an award-winning Wealth Manager in South Africa. This Investment business is backed by global technologies and modern processes and offers industry first investment solutions. This platform aims to introduce offshore and onshore investment solutions which will transform the Advisory & Investment markets in South Africa.
Skills & Experience:
• Tertiary Education – Commerce, Accounting, Finance
• 3+ years Investment Administration experience – focus on Banking, Cash & Asset Reconciliations
• Solid understanding of accounting principles - debit & credit
• Strong Reconciliation experience in a complex environment
• Investment & Wealth management experience
• Strong Customer Service & Communication skills