Tax Specialist – BECOME TAX EXPERT for Retail Investment Platform Business – Asset Manager. JHB,R650k p/a
Superb opportunity for a skilled Tax Specialist to BECOME the TAX EXPERT for a newly created RETAIL INVESTMENT (LISP) Business.
It is an absolute rarity in today’s market to join a NEW Business that is disrupting the current Investment & Wealth Landscape whilst having the support of a Multi-National Asset Manager.
Based in Johannesburg (there will be some travel to Cape Town required), this TAX SPECIALIST role is paying around R650k p/a.
This forward-thinking LISP Investment Platform Business has recently been established by an award-winning Asset Manager. They are backed by global technologies, modern processes and inspiring leaders and are set to offer industry-first Offshore and Onshore Investment solutions.
- Document Tax processes and procedures to ensure that Tax reporting can be done by support staff.
- Project manage events such as Tax year end, SARS submissions and customer communications relating to Tax.
- Execute new Tax and all other Regulatory changes and ensure implementation into BAU processes.
- Develop technical design solutions for Tax according to standards.
- Serve as point of escalation for all Tax queries and issues.
Skills and experience required:
- Commerce degree in either Finance/ Economics/ Tax/ Accounting
- Excellent Tax Management experience (1-2 years’ experience at a junior management level will be preferred)
- In-depth experience of Tax Legislation and its impact on business systems and processes
- Business Process experience – experience in defining financial business requirements with a focus on Tax processing (payments and recons).
- Solid Problem Solving skills
- Investment / Wealth Management / Asset Management Industry knowledge
If you have not had a response to your application within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
It is our intention that the appointment will be made from the designated group in line with the Employment Equity Plan of STANLIB and the specific business unit. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Employees with disabilities must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
By applying for this role, you authorise STANLIB and Liberty, in its capacity as employer, to access your personal information and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
Please send your CV to HRComms@stanlib.com and put the title of the role in the subject line of your email.